Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here's the skinny on me

If you are going to read my blog, you probably should know some things about me. First and foremost, I'm a born again Christian. For those of you who aren't born again, you probably just imagined me standing on a street corner, condemning people to eternal damnation, right (admit it!) I honestly may have thought that way, too, before I accepted Christ as my savior and Lord of my life. But it's not like that at all.

To put it in simple terms, before I accepted Christ, I was unsure. Unsure of what? Unsure of my salvation. I never really *knew* if I was going to heaven, but I always thought that being "good enough" would get me through the pearly gates. Hey, guess what? That's not biblical. But before I accepted Christ, I never picked up my Bible, so I didn't know that. I just followed what everyone else in my religion did. The Holy Spirit had other plans for me, though. My older sister Lisa had accepted Christ a few years before and she had witnessed--or proclaimed the truths of the Gospel and salvation through Christ--to me. And I didn't bite...at first.

It took my sister, Saturday nights with Charles Stanley and some serious soul searching for me to make the most important decision of my life. It came down to one question: am I here to please God or man?? I chose God--and forever became a child of God--in August, 2003.

I'm still a relatively new Christian. I'm still learning. But I'm changed. And I am blessed to remember who I was before I accepted Christ and who I've become--and who I'm striving to become.

No comments: